Monday, October 5, 2009

Still Struggling...

Ok...one of the gals came by the house yesterday and told me to frog it. But she said to do it one stitch at a time. Like unknitting. It's called tink'ing. Tink is knit spelled backwards. (I am learning so much so quickly!)

So, I tinked yesterday afternoon. Took it out just back to the error and started again. When I had finished the row, I counted my stitches. 116. Great, right? Wrong. It's suppose to be 114. ARRGGHH.

So, I knitted/purled to where the extra two stitches were and knitted two together. No one will know but you and I. The error won't be seen as this piece is the back and I'm starting at the bottom and it's going to hang at my high hip. If anyone sees it...I have permission to smack them, right?

So...I'm knitting and purling along and all of a sudden, I see another funny stitch. Not funny ha-ha, funny strange. Great! I set it aside and do something else. Like call my psychiatrist. (KIDDING)

Tonight I am going to take it to Cindi and she will get me started again.

Rhonda told me that I'm doing an intermediate project and I am a self-declared beginner. So, I mentioned this to Cindi. She said yes, it's intermediate, but that I can do it. (Pray for me, Rhonda!)

You know...if others weren't taking THEIR knitting along and I would not have the undivided attention of three other experienced knitters on this trip....I would not be doing this.

...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...

2 comments:

Rhoto said...

This article is a HOOT!! HooT!! You're a HOOT!!
What's wrong with knitting a pretty, plain ole scarf with the gals?? Ya know, "knit, knit, knit" ;)
Soft hugs!
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

daily updates said...

Nice Post keep updating like this,



Best Sewing Machines For Leather
Best Leather Sewing Machine
Best Embroidery Sewing Machine