Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dave's Quilt Part 2

First block done. I've bagged the flying geese ruler Cindi gave me. (She doesn't read my blog, so I think I'm pretty safe). I'll tell her why I didn't like it in person.

I used my "Square in a Square" ruler instead. This block has SIX flying geese in it.


If you double click and see it's a little wonky, don't worry. It will be sewn straight into a quilt top and won't look wonky there. Thankfully.

Twenty-nine more to go...oh boy FUN.

I also am wondering about doing all those half-square triangles for the sashing. I may come up with something else.

1 comment:

Sherril said...

Donna, every time I visit your blog I want to quit sewing garments and go back to quilting. Your work is so inspirational. I think my dad needs a quilt for Christmas. This one is great guy design.