So, I walked out with the pattern to preread it and get ready to sew one up for her. She's still deciding on her fabric, but she had picked some great MOD fabric out. We'll see what she finally comes up with. If you're using only one fabric for the whole thing, it takes 3/4 yard and four zippers.
So, I went home and sewed this one up for myself out of some batiks I had in my stash.
It was a learning experience and I'm really glad I had an opportunity to sew it up for me before I worked on g/f's good fabric. Below is a shot of it loaded with my stuff.
It has two zippered pockets on the outside and one zippered pocket on the inside and all those places for holding your plastic and a open flap inside for money. Plus, the black thingy you see on the left is fold over elastic used to hold a pen in place. (It was all I had in the way of elastic). Oh, and that zipper is hand stitched in. Argh. But I didn't see a way to sew it in with machine. That is, until I looked closer and got to the second one below.
Here is her's open. Hers went much faster and nicer than mine did. So, now I'm all prepared for g/f #1's good fabric. This zipper is stitched in. I hand basted it in and then stitched in the ditch from the topside. Then I hand picked the ends in and covered them with a fabric tab. It does finish the zipper ends nicely.