Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mystery Quilt Fun

WOW, it's been a month since I posted last. Sorry. I can't help it. I've been busy.
Family reunions, car races, quilt retreats and all the usual Summer fun. Oh yeah, beating the husband on the golf course!

I have been a long time follower of Bonnie Hunter's site, Quiltville. She specializes in scrap quilts and since I have a TON of scraps, I'm doing things her way. I have told countless other quilter friends about her site and now they all know her when I talk about her. I've shared several of her scrap patterns with others and even demonstrated one I was working on at a recent retreat.

In the past, she's done some mystery quilts. Where you piece a quilt, step by step, not knowing what you're going to have until you get to the end. They always looked like fun.

This weekend, she has started Old Tobacco Road mystery quilt and I decided to join in. So far so good. A gazillion four patches AND two gazillion pinwheels. But lots of fun. I'm able to keep up, but I sew like a fiend. Good thing my Singer 301 is keeping up with me. The fun part for me is doing each step one at a time and not looking at the next step until I'm done with the step I'm on. What a challenge to stay AWAY from the computer.

So, that's where I will be this Labor Day weekend. Take care. Footage at 11.

1 comment:

Rhoto said...

CUTE article!! Glad you've been HAVIN' fun & are HAVIN' fun NOW!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (who met ConnieBJ this week!!)