Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Frame Job

Earlier, before my last (ranting) post, I told you about my scooter. A Yamaha Zuma.

Michele asked about fabric storage space. It reminded me that I forgot to post what is one of my favorite things about riding this scooter. The storage space below the seat. In England, it's called a "boot". So that's what I call it.

It holds my full face helmet when not in use and it will also hold two gallons of milk if I have to make a quick run to the store. It holds my purse, jacket, nonspillable coffee mug and anything else I need for my morning run to the office. Under that gray felt liner is a socket for the tire, the registration in a ziplog baggie and a bungee cord for tying things on the rack. But I admit I don't do that very often.


Das boot!
And for fun...I got this great license plate frame.


I saw one that said "born to quilt, forced to work" but I do more than just quilt. And "sew" is a shorter word. After all, I don't have THAT much room. ;)

It says it all! Take care everyone.


2 comments:

Rhoto said...

CUTE license plate doohicky, Donna!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

MadeByAmanda said...

I'm impressed that it will carry two gallons of milk. I had no idea a scooter had that kind of storage space.