Monday, May 26, 2008

Wheels

Oh yeah. Warm weather is finally here. These are my "warm weather" wheels. A 2002 Yamaha Zuma.

75 MPG. Yup. One fill up on this baby and I can ride ALL month long.

History: DH and I went shopping for one of these in late 2002. Saw a beautiful BLUE one on the showroom floor for $1800. I wanted it. DH wanted me to have one, too. But, come on. As soon as you drive it off the showroom floor, it depreciates in value. Why pay full price? DH constantly watches the nickel ads. Sure enough. March 2003, this baby was for sale. The previous owner had only put 50 miles on it. When DH went to buy it, the first thing he said to the seller was "it's not blue". The guys says "huh?". DH informs him that the wife wanted a blue one. Oh well.

As I was pulling into the driveway after work that night, there was DH sitting on the front porch witha smug expression on his face. The garage door was open (very unusual) and there inside where I park the car was this beauty. What a surprise. At a fraction of the showroom cost, too. Got my motorcycle endorsement (a WA state requirement) and I was all set.

Fast forward to 2008. I've had it for 5 years. I love it. It is SO much fun to ride.

It goes up to 40 MPH, but in this town, the fastest you can legally drive is 35. So, it's perfect.

Happy Memorial Day.

Zoom Zoom! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...Donna, I like it. How much can she carry when you go fabric shopping?
muffet

Rhoto said...

"Zoom Zoom" for sure!! What a gal!! I'd be terrified, even at 40 MPH...
Have a blast!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal

Gwen said...

Hey Donna! I’ve tagged you for a meme on my blog, http://afterthedress.blogspot.com. I hope you enjoy this kind of thing, but please don’t feel obligated to play if you don’t. :)