Friday, May 30, 2008

I've been tagged for a meme

Gwen has tagged me for this meme. I have to admit, I haven't seen this particular meme going around, but I guess it's better than picking up the nearest book meme that I've seen. The nearest book happens to be my DH's Bible. On second thought, not a bad book!

Ok, here goes:

1) What was I doing 10 years ago:

Well, I had the same job I'm at now, which is being a paralegal for my county's prosecutor's office. DH was DBF then. HA! We've only been married 8 years.


2) What are 5 things on my to-do list today (and not in any particular order):


I've got a quilt to piece for the Fabric Patch. It's 40x40, so I will probably get it done tomorrow.
Put the laundry away.
Vacuum the carpets.
Remind myself NOT to make to-do lists!
I can't think of a fifth thing. Sorry.

3) Snacks I enjoy:

Ok, now I can easily name five things! Nachos, carrots, popcorn, nutri-grain bars, pistachios

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Wow! What a prospect. I'd make sure my kids were taken care of (and I don't mean bumped off so that I wouldn't have to share!). I'd make sure my Mom and brother and DH's brother and sister were taken care of. Wait...I'd quit my job. That would be FIRST! (Phew...what was I thinking). Yeah, quit job. Then hand out money to relatives. By the time I got to that point, I'd have relatives coming out of the woodwork!

Then, I'd find a really worthwhile charity, such as Make-A-Wish or Habitat for Humanity and give them alot. I'd pray and ask God where He would want me to give the money.

Eventually, I'd get around to buying a new house. The roof leaks horribly in this one and DH and I are going to "fix" it this year. Our plans are a new metal roof. But what the hay! I'm now a billionaire. New House!

You know, all this being aside, I really hate money. Always have. It divides people. Some have too much and others don't have enough. I hate it.

5) Places I have lived:
Olympia, Tacoma, Republic and Ephrata. That's it, folks. Washington state has always been home.

6) Courtesy Bus driver for my Dad's former VW dealership, maid at a motel, Veterinary Technician, cattle ranch operator (10K+ acres), cook and dishwasher in restaurant, Police/Fire/Ambulance dispatcher and Legal Secretary/Paralegal. That's it. Vast and varied.
Of course, this list does not include motherhood and being a wife.

7) 6 peeps I want to know more about (and not in any particular order):

Charisma
Rhonda
Amanda

Sorry, that's it folks. I'm a woman of few friends (that blog).

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Thanks for playing, Donna! It's really interesting learning a little bit more about the people behind the blogs I follow. :)
I see we are both fans of Habitat for Humanity, and, my goodness, you HAVE had a lot of different jobs!