Friday, April 25, 2008

April Flowers

It's been a rather rough week at the office. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love my job. I love every aspect of my job and I enjoy working for the county. I am assigned to work with a great prosecutor and I love organizing and managing the adult felony files that we have. What I detest about my job is trying to get along with the other two year olds ladies in my office.

Today, I needed a break. So where did I head? My local quilt shop. Their slogan is "Where Nice Matters". Isn't that nice? AND...one of the ladies is married to a man who works in my office. So she knows more than most about what goes on where I work. That helps, too.

So after the usual "how are you?", I got tearful because of my office. They all hugged me. Made me feel much better. Then back to my office where a short while later, I was greeted with the following:




Aren't they beautiful? I honestly never expected them to go to such a great length to make me feel better. I was totally surprised. The flowers came with a box of hand made chocolates. Four pieces, but they are the size of a golf ball. I had one this afternoon after lunch and it was a truffle. I hope the other three are, too. I'll pace myself and have only one a day until they're gone! (oink oink)

The card accompanying the flowers says "I've said my very best prayers...and I've said them all for you." Then they wrote "We love you so much! Please have a great day!" and then they signed it. *sigh* God is so good to give me such great friends.

A week or so ago, I sewed up the below wallhanging for them, at their request. They cut 12 kits and sold them all within a week. They are going to cut some more because it was so popular and it's very easy to do. AND...it looks so Spring-y considering the long winter we've had.

And I recently finished this one below. This quilt has a name...something like Basket of Flowers, but we call it "applifake". The only applique on the quilt are the four corner blocks. The rest just LOOKS appliqued. Very easy.



So, I've been busy sewing up a storm. I am totally LOVING my Singer 185J that I got on eBay a few months ago. I can not believe how fast and smooth it sews. It produces THE most perfect stitch I have ever seen and it's sews like butter. Honest. I've been doing all my piecing on it. Saves my Bernina, right?

Hope you all have a great weekend.


3 comments:

Rhoto said...

Donna, you have "cyberspace" friends who love you very much, too!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal

Sherril said...

Donna, that flower basket quilt is wonderful. Gosh, you quilts are beautiful. You make me want to almost go back to quilts.

~Sherril~

MadeByAmanda said...

What beautiful flowers! Flowers really brighten up an office. Sounds like you have lovely friends (and awful coworkers).