Saturday, March 22, 2008

Car Show

DH and I went to our local community college this morning and saw an extremely small car show. There were maybe 30 cars there and that included the new junk the local car dealers brought to entice people to buy.

But there were some real classics there, too. Below is a beautiful two-tone mustard colored Hudson Hornet. Remember Paul Newman's character in "Cars"? The blue Hudson Hornet? Well this is the same car. We not the same car, but one like it. You get the picture.

I thought it was gorgeous.


Then, get this. On an INSIDE car show, this car's convertible top was UP! What is up with that? (No pun intended.) It would look much better with the top down. Don't you think? It was a gorgeous salmon color...almost coral. Double click on any picture to enlarge it.


Next was my personal favorite, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro. The essense of muscle car!


Then outside was this cute Chevy Belair. Small and pretty.


On the sewing front, I slapped three borders on a quilt and ran it down to the quilt shop. All tolled, I'll have five quilts on display at "market" in May in Portland OR. I won't get to go, but my local gals will be taking pictures for me.

Hope you all have a Happy Easter and go to church tomorrow!

2 comments:

Sewfast said...

Hi Donna,
Where is the "market" that your quilts will be on display? I live in the Portland area and try not to miss an op0portunity to go to a quilt show! Mary

Donna Hodgson said...

Mary,
I don't exactly know where in Portland, but will let you know when I find out.
So sorry to see your MIL has had a stroke. Just this very morning (Easter), I've learned a very dear friend has had a massive stroke. I'm heartsick, but he is a Christian, so he's really not lost forever to me.