Saturday, February 2, 2008

Quilts

I've been really busy at work and then quilting at home. Below is a really cute crib sized quilt made from batiks from Diamond Textiles. The pattern is called Crazy Starz designed by Cindi Rang who owns the local quilt shop. I get to sew their shop samples. The little loops you see in the border are called noodles. It was alot of fun to sew and I just love the different batiks. It's fast becoming one of my favorite fabrics.

Finally, my heart bargello is up on the wall. Done. I love it. Not much else to say. Double click on the picture to enlarge it.


The other Diamond Textiles batik quilt is called Navajo Rose. This pattern was also designed by Cindi Rang. I loved these greens and blues. It's really a striking quilt. That light area is the sun shining through the window. This shot gives you an idea of the size. Twin size, to be exact.

And here is a close up of the block.



I've also done one other wall hanging for Cindi and am working on an applique quilt now. And, as a thank you, Cindi gave me two fat quarters of beautiful fabric, a bottle of fabric stiffener, a fabric stiffener applicator/scraper and two patterns for origami fabric. One pattern makes a check book cover and a credit card holder. The other pattern makes 4 different bookmarks. I'll take a shot of the bookmarks for another blog. I've made two already and given one away. They are really simple. More later on that.

It has snowed all day here today. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Rhoto said...

WOW, Donna! I felt good that I ironed an hour, did the lunch dishes & helped cook supper!!
You're somethin' special!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal

MadeByAmanda said...

I am still in awe of your beautiful quilting. I am going to start a baby quilt for my sister as soon as I can get my courage worked up.