Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged. I remember when I first saw someone who blogged getting tagged and thought it was cute. I loved reading all the different responses. Now I'm on the receiving end thanks to Rhonda in Montreal.

So...without further adieu, here goes:

First the business end which people aren't doing correctly (IMHO).
*Link to the person who tagged you. (this means to make their name a clickable link, which I did.).
*Post the rules on your blog.
*Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
*Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
*Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Six facts about me:
1. I used to worry endlessly. It was awful. Then I met Jesus and I am pretty much worry-free now. Thank you Jesus.

2. My father used to call me Mrs. Higginbotham when I was a child. My best girlfriend he called Mrs. Perkins. I have no idea why. Just his idea of teasing. It was cute, but not at the time!

3. In my entire life I've worked completely in the background. First job was a maid at a motel. Then, veterinary technician (working in the back of the hospital), then cook in a restaurant, then assisting in running a cattle ranch, then police dispatcher and now paralegal. All these jobs take second fiddle to someone else. Thankfully, in my case. But isn't that interesting? And not planned by me at all. Orchestration via God.

4. My husband tells me I snore. I don't believe him. He vowed to tape record me and kept a tape recorder by his side of the bed for almost a year. In that entire year, he was never able to catch me snoring. He simply never heard me snore again. The tape recorder is now gone and he says I'm back to snoring. Yeah, right!

5. I would not consider myself a neat freak, but I do have my desk arranged just so. I even have a container for small paperclips and one for large paperclips and heaven help the person who puts the large ones in the small container and vice versa. But I repeat, I am not a neat freak.

6. I currently am a paralegal at my county's prosecutor's office. Years ago I was the receptionist and one day I *accidently* answered the phone "prostitute's office". They then moved me to the felony desk. Go figure.

Ok, this is where I tag others.
Charisma
TwistedAngel (who I miss seeing blog, so maybe this will bring her around)
Made by Amanda

And I don't really know anyone else who may wish to participate, including those listed above. Oh well. And this is an open invite to all who WISH to be tagged.

2 comments:

Rhoto said...

"Prostitute's office" what a HOOT!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda

MadeByAmanda said...

Thanks for tagging me! You know, I have worked as a receptionist a couple of times, and while I never did anything quite so shocking, I did pick up the phone at the bank and say "Poole Chemical, this is Amanda". There was a shocked silence on the other end before I corrected myself. And it had been five or six years since I worked at Poole Chemical.