Thursday, January 31, 2008
So...without further adieu, here goes:
First the business end which people aren't doing correctly (IMHO).
*Link to the person who tagged you. (this means to make their name a clickable link, which I did.).
*Post the rules on your blog.
*Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
*Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
*Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Six facts about me:
1. I used to worry endlessly. It was awful. Then I met Jesus and I am pretty much worry-free now. Thank you Jesus.
2. My father used to call me Mrs. Higginbotham when I was a child. My best girlfriend he called Mrs. Perkins. I have no idea why. Just his idea of teasing. It was cute, but not at the time!
3. In my entire life I've worked completely in the background. First job was a maid at a motel. Then, veterinary technician (working in the back of the hospital), then cook in a restaurant, then assisting in running a cattle ranch, then police dispatcher and now paralegal. All these jobs take second fiddle to someone else. Thankfully, in my case. But isn't that interesting? And not planned by me at all. Orchestration via God.
4. My husband tells me I snore. I don't believe him. He vowed to tape record me and kept a tape recorder by his side of the bed for almost a year. In that entire year, he was never able to catch me snoring. He simply never heard me snore again. The tape recorder is now gone and he says I'm back to snoring. Yeah, right!
5. I would not consider myself a neat freak, but I do have my desk arranged just so. I even have a container for small paperclips and one for large paperclips and heaven help the person who puts the large ones in the small container and vice versa. But I repeat, I am not a neat freak.
6. I currently am a paralegal at my county's prosecutor's office. Years ago I was the receptionist and one day I *accidently* answered the phone "prostitute's office". They then moved me to the felony desk. Go figure.
Ok, this is where I tag others.
TwistedAngel (who I miss seeing blog, so maybe this will bring her around)
Made by Amanda
And I don't really know anyone else who may wish to participate, including those listed above. Oh well. And this is an open invite to all who WISH to be tagged.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
One of my cleaning projects was our fireplace insert. I had emptied it of all the ash and had taken the ash bucket outside. When I returned...guess what? You got it...Gadget (aka The Brat Cat) had climbed inside to really sniff it out. I guess you could say without a doubt that the fireplace was completely cooled off from last nights fire!
Doesn't the saying go "curiosity killed the cat"? Gladly, not in this case.
And here is one of the last "banners" I'm making for that Seasoned Quilter wallhanging I have been blogging about. This one is obviously for the Fourth of July. You should see the original pattern photo. It shows a black poodle on a yellow background. The hat is blue and white striped and there's a star in the red whereas "we" decided that the stripes should be red and white and the stars are already on the blue fabric. We also did away with the yellow background. Yuck! His eyes are white brads that I usually reserve for my card making. They were the right size and I didn't have any buttons that would 'work'.
He's holding a sparkler and instead of using fabric for the sparkles, I used glue and glitter. The kind for fabric. All I have to do is "heat set" it and then it will be totally permanent and washing machine proof. It's very cool and new and available at your local quilt shop (well it's at my local quilt shop).
I especially like his flag scarf. The fabric is such that it actually looks like it's tied in a knot in the center, but it's just the print of the fabric. It's a nice touch.
And for some weird reason, I've posted a picture of the back of the poodle because of the way I edged the applique, you see a really good outline of the dog. Well, I thought it was neat, anyway.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
And below is how Gizmo and Gadget like to pass the time while it's snowing outside. They are snuggled up like two bugs in a rug!
Yesterday, the lunch gang I lunch with each Friday held my birthday lunch. I got two more gift cards to my local quilt shop!!! YIPPEE!!! Those two know that those gift cards won't be wasted!
Also, I'd like to take this time to shout out to Rhonda and Tony in Montreal. They surprised phoned me on Christmas and sang (each on an extension in their home) "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and then last Wednesday on my birthday, they phoned and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It was very SWEET! And they should hire out. The two of them honestly sound GREAT! Thanks Rhonda and Tony. Between you two and my new "friend" on myspace, you all made my day!
And for you out there that are reading this and are pray-ers, please pray for Earl. It's a long story and I don't know that I can "officially" go into here because of the confidentiality agreement I signed with my office, but suffice to say he was shot (he's a deputy sheriff here, but he was off-duty) and has undergone a couple of surgeries and needs prayer for healing. I've heard he's not "out of the woods" yet. So...I ask you out there to please pray for him. I'll post updates this week. Thank you!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
And I had left this area open above my sink for a nice wallhanging, quilted by moi. Double click on the picture if you can't read what it says. DH is not thrilled with it, but I think it's funny. Men!
And then to continue with the "Seasoned Quilter", here is Halloween's banner. The ghost is made from white batting. These things are so much fun. You all need to look up the Amy Bradley patterns and get them. So simple!
And here is Thanksgiving's entry. Alot more detail than the Halloween banner, but just as fun.
This last shot shows you that you just can't put a box down on the living room without a cat getting inside of it. Sheesh! Gadget kitty is smushed but she loves it!!!! The things that amuse the simple minded.
And speaking of amused...yesterday was my birthday and on my sidebar you will see a link to my myspace page. On it are four 'celebrities'. One of them...Ramon Franco from the 1989 TV show Tour of Duty actually sent me a private message "singing" me the Happy Birthday song. Now, how cool is that! It totally made my day.
I plan to get TONS of sewing done next week because I've taken the week off from work. I am just staying home and sewing. All by myself!!!! I can hardly wait.
Hope you're all enjoying your Winter. Take care!
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Here is a close up of the shamrock garland. This one was "totally" fun to do!
And...here "we" are right after midnight...(self portrait). Do we look tired, or what???