Friday, November 9, 2007

Playing Catch Up...and other ramblings

Wow, it's already the 9th of November and I haven't blogged this month at all! Guess I've just been too busy with sewing to actually sit down and talk about sewing.

As mentioned in my previous post, today is the day us gals have our sewing "party". We're meeting at my local quilt shop (thanks to the generous owner, Cindi) and we're going to sew for the next two days until we drop. The shop will be open it's regular hours, but we'll be in the back classroom sewing away. When the shop closes, we'll still be back there sewing. Psstt....I've got a key! Cindi said we can stay as late as we like. In fact, I'm going to get there this morning before they open and begin setting up. Others will arrive throughout the day. We've invited eight, but it looks like we're only going to be six. Which is fine. One gal will join us just for a few hours tonight and I'm looking forward to getting to know her. She's a friend of Charisma's.

So, the next time I post, you'll see pictures of our sewing. I'm going to be helping two of the gals sew up their heart bargellos and I actually am taking along about 5 projects. First is my heart bargello, but I doubt I'll get a chance to work on it. Then I've got some quilt blocks labeled and all ready to sew together. Next, there's a casserole carrier for Cindi. Then a pillow sham for a friend's daughter's quilt that was finished earlier this week. My friend, Sheila, is going to help me do this pillowsham "crumb" style. And Sheila and I have a huge quilt to do for the local Rotary club raffle. It's all two inch squares and two inch half square triangles. I have my half of the squares done and Sheila's going to be sewing up her "thangles" today. Each blocks consists of 64 squares and there's 20 blocks in the entire quilt. It's all scraps, too! Gotta love it. Again, I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Right now, I'm off and running to the quilt shop and it's only 7am! Talk at you later. Take care everyone.

No comments: