Monday, November 12, 2007

Heart Bargello, Part 3

Ok, here is more of my heart bargello still in my sewing room. Remember, I was going to show a few friends how to sew theirs, so I sewed about 3/4 of my quilt.



And here is another close up of my bargello with the sheep border on it. I collect sheep and selected this fabric as my border.


And at the sewing weekend we just had (Friday and Saturday), I was able to finish it. Below is a shot of it, but it's pinned up against another quilt that's hanging on the wall. So, all that blue, etc is not a part of my quilt.

I am so glad it's done. Charisma finished her heart bargello, but still has 7 borders to add to it. I only wanted two borders because mine is going to be a wallhanging and my walls aren't big enough for it if I were to add all the borders on. So, I finished at two borders.

Another gal, Patty, spent alot of our weekend sewing up her panels and then Saturday night she started in on the quilt. I believe she got about 5-6 strips done before we had to head for home.

We started sewing (or I did) at 9am on Friday morning and I didn't close up the shop until 1:30am Saturday. Then I was back down at 9am Saturday and we finished up at 9:30 pm. We all decided we'd leave the shop cleaner than when we found it, so two gals scrubbed the bathrooms and emptied the wastebaskets and I vaccumed the place. Patty washed down the tables, etc. All in all, we had a GREAT TIME. We ordered pizza Friday for dinner and mexican food Saturday night. In between we had a whole table with food on it.

I got 5 projects donem but then again, most of my heart bargello (which is why we were getting together) was done before I got there and I even started another quilt that I'll show you another time. Phew. A special "thank you" to Cindi for letting us have her classroom to party.

Enjoy your Veteran's Day. And remember our servicemen serving our country. Dad, I'm thinking of you today!

5 comments:

Rhoto said...

AWESOME, Donna!! Did you'all sew all thru the night?
Rhonda in Montreal

Donna Hodgson said...

Started Friday 9am to Saturday 1:30am. (16.5 hours) Then Saturday 9am to Saturday night 9:30pm. (12.5 hours)...total: 29 hours.

MadeByAmanda said...

Wow, that quilt is impressive.

Ann said...

Donna, your Melinda's Heart bargello quilt turned out beautifully. I have been working on mine for most of 2009 and still haven't got the vertical rows together. My dilemma is that I am long arm quilting one for a customer and I would like to know how others have quilted them. Some of the gals in the group used their DM and just did SID, but I am only SIDing the borders. Would you be kind enough to share? Janice in Michigan

Donna Hodgson said...

Ann,
Since you don't have a blog and didn't leave me any contact info, I'll answer you here and hope you return here for your answer:
It's meandered all over. I detest SID (personally). Quilted by a friend with a Gammill. Thank you.