Friday, November 16, 2007

Cappuccino Quilt

During our "quilter's retreat" last weekend, I had the opportunity to buy some new fabric. I started out with 14 fat quarters of Moda's "Chez Moi" line. They are gorgeous chocolate browns and raspberry colors. At this point, I had all this great fabric, but what to do with it? Charisma reminded me of the Cappuccino quilt I made my son for his high school graduation. So, I supplemented this line of fabric with about 6 other quarter yard cuts. And then I began.

Below are 12 of the 15 large squares all done on my design wall.

And here are the two sets of 24 smaller blocks done on my design wall (total of 48). These are done but for adding a 1 inch border to each of the 48 blocks. I've been doing that the past few days. As of last night, I had five left to border.


And here's a picture of the blocks on my wall as laid out via the pattern guide. As I finish the smaller blocks, I put them on the wall where I want them. When I'm done, I'll stand back and see what needs to be rearranged. But otherwise, right now, I like the arrangment.



When I originally bought the fat quarters (and didn't have this pattern in mind), I knew I'd need some border fabric, so I bought a yard of the purple tone-on-tone and two yards of one of the nice raspberry prints. And this quilt doesn't call for borders. So....I'll see when I'm done. I may use the print for a border and the purple for binding.

Keep sewing everyone. Have a great weekend, too!

1 comment:

Charisma said...

I love your new quilt! I am so happy with that pattern and it showcases your fabrics so well! Good job! You are such a speedy sewer!