Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sewing Assistants, Part I

Since there isn't a whole lot to talk about, I thought I'd introduce you to my sewing assistants.


Below is Emily. She is our oldest. DH and I got her in 1999, just after purchasing our first house. DH answered an ad in the paper for kittens. When he showed up at the house, there were literally (litter-aly, sorry!) KITTENS everywhere. You see, there were three mother cats and each had a couple of litters. All the kittens were all mixed in and they were all nursing off of the first mother they came in contact with. And all the cats had the run of the house. The people were moving and...well you know the rest.

DH put small Emily in his pickup and brought her home. Problem? He didn't put her in a box. He just put her in the pickup. When he got home, he couldn't find her. I found her...she was under the seat. It's just that we had to practically remove the seat to get at her to get her out. She was so frightened!

When we got her inside, we kept her in an extra bedroom for a couple of days and then allowed her out to see her new surroundings.

At about this time, the neighbors had a flame point Siamese (Duke, who I'll show you another time) who made himself to home AT OUR HOUSE! Which turned out perfectly, in the end.

Anyway, so there was Duke and Emily.

Emily loves the fireplace in the winter, so this is where you can usually get a good shot of her.


Emily loves DH's boots and will go over (even when he's wearing them) and use them as a scratching post!! Here she is laying in front of them after just scratching them.


And, hence the name of this post, here she is assisting me with my sewing...er...pressing. She has discovered that after my ironing, the board is warm and the fabric is soft.


So, there you have it. Emily...the oldest.

Oh, this past Spring, she sprained her ankle and the vet said it would take her a long time to heal up. Well, as of this posting, she is still limping, albeit, not too much.

Take care everyone!

3 comments:

Charisma said...

HEy---I think you forgot a few assistants??

Donna Hodgson said...

Can't you read....? It says Part I!

MadeByAmanda said...

I read all three "sewing assistant" blogs, and thought they were really cute. I don't know why anyone goes to the pet store to buy cats when there are so many needing homes all around.