Saturday, September 1, 2007

Living Room, Part V (Nearly End Results)

Ok, the carpet installer finished yesterday and we both are totally happy with the results!
So, apparently, is Gizmo. She's checking things out. When I got home last night from work, I vacuumed and then DH arrived home and we started moving stuff OUT of the kitchen and bedroom and back into the living room/family room.

It was kinda like that one show on HGTV, where they have unorganized people empty their house while it's being remodeled and then they move stuff back in, but in a much smaller quantity. Well, that's what I'm going to do. I'll move stuff back, but not nearly all of it. Some of it is just clutter and will go to the storage room in the garage for a garage sale next Spring.


And here we are after putting some of our furniture back. The blue recliner (with my rag quilt on it) you see below will go into the family room after we purchase new chairs Monday. I'm not sure what we'll do with the burgundy colored swiver rocker and rocking ottoman.

Oh, we had partial curtains up, just for looks. I took them down and planned to put up new ones, but gosh...I'm liking the way the room looks without them. Again, they were just decoration. We have mini blinds on the window for privacy at night. This will be a Winter project, to be sure.

And here is a shot of the family room and our huge oak rolltop desk. Gizmo was helping DH assemble it here. DH is actually hooking all the wires together for our computer. There's a surge protecter mounted inside the desk there where he's working. It's a pretty good setup. But BOY that desk is heavy. We took the top off and moved it by itself and it was heavy. Then moving the base....sheesh! I went to StuffMart and bought some of those slider/movers for carpet. Made the job of putting the desk back MUCH easier!


You certainly can't tell from the picture, but DH said last night that the family room looks wider with the lighter colored carpet. I agreed with him. It does seem much larger.

Now I'm off to buy trim paint and get them up. It will really finish off the rooms.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Labor Day weekend and be safe!

No comments: