Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Purse, Part III

Here is the black/red purse I made the other day. This one goes to the shop owner of The Fabric Patch. She gave me the fabric and I sewed it up. I personally picked out this fabric as some that would make a lovely purse. The owner thought so, too!

She especially liked the "puffer fish" fabric. So, I placed it front and center.


The side of the bag below.


And a somewhat blurry picture of the inside. Personally, I LOVED the lining fabric. Notice the pocket "came out" on the front inside?? Drat! I was tired while sewing it up. But the owner didn't mind one bit. Bless her heart!

I've since made ANOTHER purse from this same fabric, but a different arrangment. I've given it to a friend. I tried something different with that purse. The button I found (I forgot to take a pic) is a mother-of-pearl type large flower button. I mean about 2 inches large. I didn't want to do a buttonhole for it. So I bought the magnetic purse closure snaps and then I hot glue gunned the button to the outside. My friend is to tell me how that wears!

Last weekend, enroute to family reunion (blogged about below), I also bought more "winter" fabric that my friend Charisma loves. She's going to get a "winter" purse next! And I bought some beautiful bright coral colored fabric for another one.

Definitely have purses on the mind, huh? There are worse things to sew, right? Like a silly dress for a 30 year high school reunion coming up in a matter of weeks!

Have a blessed week everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you used for this purse. You really know how to put colors together.