Wednesday, August 1, 2007

More Fabric Gift Bags

Just when you thought I was done with fabric gift bags.....! Here is one I completed a bit ago. It's just like the Christmas gift bag (same size/style) but it's in Retro 70's fabric.


As you can see, I had a lot of fun embellishing this bag. This rick rack is JUMBO sized and I sewed both sides down (not just one stitching line through the middle). It's about 1 inch wide. I found a cute tube of buttons at a stamping/craft store and bought them, because they were the perfect earth tone colors for this.


And before I left for my family reunion, my local quilt shop gave me this mini iron to have!! I told them I wanted to take my sewing with me, but not my iron or ironing board. Then they thought of this and presented it to me as a gift for all the sewing I do for them. How nice is that???

And the iron worked perfectly, albeit small! It didn't take up much room and I brought a sleeve board along as an ironing board. Both worked great.


And, since I can't figure out how to add another picture to this blog and have it appear at the bottom of my blog (or where I want it to go within the blog), I will submit another entry for the Teacher Bag.


No comments: