Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Doggie Bag Anyone???

Sooner or later, everyone needs a Doggie Bag. Well, here's mine! Or actually, here's the one I made for the Fabric Patch...my local quilt shop.



The pattern for this cute bag comes out of a book entitled Fast, Fun and Easy Fabric Critter Bags. I admit that on other fabric, such as the samples in the book, the TEETH come out looking really goofy/cute. On this holstein/dalmation fabric, they blend in a bit too much for me. But "we" didn't know this before "we" sewed it up.

I got to pick out the collar fabric. That's always the fun part. Double click on the picture to make it larger. See the tail??? The fabric for the ears and tail is a brushed faux suede fabric that is really soft. They actually feel like a dog's ears.


And one of the other fun things about this bag was arranging the face parts to suit it. Here they are on my table. I had lots of choices as far as where to put the buttons on the black circles and where to put the black circles on the white circles, etc. You get the idea. AND....the really funny thing is the nose is made out of a CAT'S paw button....but don't tell anyone!



So, I'm obviously in a huge BAG mood, huh? Stayed tuned, more to come. The Charisma bag will be presented to her tomorrow and then I can show you others I've done with the same pattern. Hope you're all having a blessed day!

1 comment:

Charisma said...

I think this Doggie bag , turned out really cute! They are going to sell out of those books!