Here it is on Annie. Not spectacular. Problem: I have no sewing buddy (cats don't count, right?) and since it zips up the back, I can't close the back up. Therefore, I can't feel the fit properly. And remember, I haven't sewn a dress ever. So I can't really tell how it's suppose to fit. If you enlarge the picture a bit, you'll see a small bust dart on the princess seam. Cool.
I'm thinking that I can always take the seams in. It won't be alot, but some. I just couldn't tell without someone helping me.
So, I proceeded to cut the fashion fabric. Remember, it's linen/cotton and a nice weight. Now the first piece I cut was the front on the fold. I was amazed when I was done, that I seemed to have fussy cut a spray of embroidered flowers right down the center. This has happened before with quilting, but gosh!! I cut the two center back pieces at this same time.
After the look of the front, I was more careful cutting the side fronts. I actually cut them seperately. I was able (because I bought extra fabric anticipating shrinkage) to get a nice spray of smaller flowers flowing down the side fronts. I also made sure (tried to, at least) that I didn't have any embroidery where I wouldn't want it. Like the nipple-zone and the front armhole where my arms would rub wearing it, etc.
I sewed side fronts to center front. I sewed side backs to each back piece. Then I thought I would NOT sew the side seams and shoulder seams until after I had inserted the invisible zipper. I thought it would be easier maniuplating the fabric if I just had two back pieces and not the front to mangle around like a gorilla trying to unzip it's suit off!
I remember reading many posts on Pattern Review where the seamstress would consult Power Sewing - Step By Step by Sandra Betzina to insert the invisible zipper and they all had great results. So, that's what I did, too. At least, I hope that's the reference book!
Now to go and sew it in. *gulp*...stayed tuned for Part III.
Oh, and thank you for all the comments on my last post. Remember, I'm all ears!