Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sewing Assistants

I thought I'd introduce you to my "sewing assistants". These three are very able bodied, to say the least. They certainly keep us on our toes!

This gray beauty is Gizmo. As you can see, she gets bored with sewing. So she mopes about until we move on to something more fun...playing with string!



This is our older lady, Emily. She loves my sewing room and is helping me with the pattern instructions. We ALL need help with those once in a while, right??? She's very capable. She loves to be petted but watch out! She will just as soon swat at you than look at you...then she's back to nice-nice. Go figure! I'm told some cats are like that. The vet said it's a "trigger" with their brain. Emily is also great when my iron goes on the blink. I just put the fabric on the ironing board and voila, there she is pressing it for me! Wonderful.


Lastly is our newest critter, Gadget, aka the Brat Cat. This kitty is one live wire! The runt of the litter. (But so was Gizmo) This shot was taken during the end of December, about a week after we had received her. Pretty small, but trainable, right??? She's not too interested in sewing right now. She'd rather spend her days chasing Gizmo, much to Gizmo's displeasure. They sound like two kids running through the house when one is chasing the other.

The only interesting thing in my sewing room to her is my very large spool of thread on a cone holder behind my sewing machine. I can tell she's been in there, because she has unthreaded my machine and the thread tail is somewhere in the room. She loves "uncoiling". She perfected this art with the toilet paper.

Oh well...gotta love them.

Have a great Friday everyone!


5 comments:

Charisma said...

I would really like to have your sewing assistants rather than mine--Can I trade you ?? Just a couple of MY KIDS for a few of YOUR CATS?? WHat do you say?? Don't worry I will treat them all very well........

Donna Hodgson said...

Are you kidding? I finally got mine all TRAINED!!! No way!! haha

Charisma said...

Oh sure---WEll how about this---You take mine --train them and I may think about picking them up some day?? SOund good??

Donna Hodgson said...

...no...

April said...

Hi, Donna! I love your blog - what a joy it was to stop by and read about your sewing friends... er uh... kitties. I have one, too - Franky. He LOVES to get IN to whatever I am working on! I must say it is an honor that you have put my site as one of your links. WOW! What a sweet surprise. Thank you!